Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8/26/13

Well I survived this summer. Becoming a Marine Officer was a great experience. I'm definitely the most unconditioned and weak I've been in years. I'm very aerobically fit, but it's going to take some time to get back into 'Crossfit' shape. I'm going to give it a few weeks of low volume work to ease back into things. Workouts I would have considered completely easy are leaving me sore as hell. 10 weeks of starvation and sleep deprivation followed by a two week break from exercise has left me in a strange place physically. I'm excited to get back into very good shape though. The break I took after OCS is probably the longest I've taken from exercise since 2010 when I was living in Europe. My break after OCS was much needed. In between August 9th and August 25th I worked out a total of 5 times, three lower-intensity crossfit WODs and two five mile runs. My body feels 'normal' (as opposed to completely exhausted like on August 9th) and ready to train. Excited to get back into training over the coming months, it's going to be a bit of a long road from here. The lower volume work I'm doing for now is just my gym's main board class WODs. 

1 RM Thruster - Worked up to two singles at 205# (previous PR 230#). More there, but I don't want to risk injury at all. 

Rest 10 minutes then... 

5 RFT:
1 Frog Complex (Squat Clean Thruster to Back Thruster x 5 Unbroken) (135#)
10 Pull-ups
200m Run 

17.50. Holy crap. This might be the closest I've ever been to rhabo. That barbell really shocked my body, but in a good way. I'm going to do this exact workout again in a few weeks/months to see how much easier it is once I'm back to competition shape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment