Saturday, January 28, 2017

1/29/17

Felt a little tired today... and kind of stressed because I think I have a small skin infection on my leg that will require antibiotics... but wanted to get in the gym and get a solid session in. Once I got warmed up I felt pretty solid on everything... conditioning was tough to do alone... brutal/long workout to do without any competition. Have never given that workout a go, it is a fun conditioning session, burpees slowed me down a lot, but I felt really solid on the pull-ups and lunges.

A.
Four sets of:
Touch-n-Go Power Snatch x 5 reps
Rest 2 minutes
Increase load each set, working to the heaviest 5-rep set possible.

-135#, 155#, 165#, 175# ... felt very solid on these, didn't really push the loading, 2 minute rest interval was tough. 

B.
Every 2 for 20 (10 sets), Touch-n-Go: 
High Hang Clean + Hang Clean + Clean 

-135# x 2 sets, 185# x 2 sets, 205# x 2 sets, 225# x 2 sets, 235# x 2 sets ... did these all as squat cleans... the first time I've done full squat cleans this heavy/at this volume in well over a year. Everything felt pretty solid, even if the loads were not too heavy. 

C.
'Crossfit Games Open 16.1' 
AMRAP 20:
25 Foot Overhead Walking Lunge (95/65#)
8 Bar-Facing-Burpees
25 Foot Overhead Walking Lunge (95/65#)
8 C2B Pull-ups

-8 rounds + 8 burpees ... this was solid conditioning, definitely made me sweat a lot ... different from the workouts I've been doing lately, but overall I enjoyed this. 

D.
3 Sets, not for time:
DB Bench Press x 12 reps (2 x 60# DB)
Rest as needed
Weighted Supinated Grip Pull-ups x 5 reps (35# KB)
Rest as needed

-Complete ... nice pump

E.
3 Sets, not for time:
Strict Dips x 10 reps
Rest as needed
Bent-Over BB Row x 8 reps (135#)
Rest as needed
GHD Hip Extension x 12 reps
Rest as needed

-Complete ... haven't been doing enough dips since at TBS... need to start incorporating these more.

F.
100 Unbroken Tricep Rope Push-Downs

-Complete ... used 15# ... around rep 40 my triceps started burning... just finished this out and didn't put the rope down... huge tricep pump. Good finisher.

G.
20 Minute ROMWOD

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment