Tuesday, January 31, 2017

1/31/17

Really simple, but effective workout today. Got in the gym after a pretty long day at work... but tried to get as much out of this as I could. The gym was fucking packed with morons doing stupid shit... had to change around what I had planned out, but got a great workout anyway. This was my last hard workout of the week... will now be tapering down for the PFT on Friday.

A.
1,2,3,4... etc
Strict Pull-ups
Rest :10 for each rep completed between sets (i.e. :10 for set 1, :20 for 2, :30 for 3 etc...)

-12 Reps + 10 reps of the 13th set ... this is the farthest I've ever gotten on this progression, pull-ups felt pretty solid.

B.
Dead-lift
3-3-3-3-3
Rest as needed

-315#, 365#, 385#, 405#, 425# ... got all these reps pretty easily, biceps were shot from the pull-ups, but overall had a good time doing these dead-lifts. It is nice to actually be doing this movement after taking so much time away from it.

C.
'Fortitude'
EMOM 30:
Odd = 15 Calorie Row
Even = 15 Burpees

-Complete... no misses, finished that last set of burpees at 30:14 ... this is a pretty epic workout ... have been pretty stressed out, so it was good to just go somewhere else mentally and destroy myself with this kind of workout. First 10 minutes were rough and I was thinking to myself I didn't know if I could get all the reps... by the time I got to 20 minutes I committed to really getting all the reps. Those last 8 minutes were brutal... the name of this workout is very fitting... great stuff, really enjoyed getting after this today.

D.
20 Minute ROMWOD

-Complete ... this felt amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment