Wednesday, February 22, 2017

2/23/17

AM Workout (0700)

So had a change of plans this morning at TBS... for once, it was actually for the better! As a company, we were allowed to workout on our this morning... so I went over to the gym and put something together on the spot. It wasn't exactly what I had planned, but I got a lot of intensity out of it and got a solid workout in. Just got in what I could with the time I had, wasn't very much volume, but still a great workout nonetheless.

A.
Every 3 for 18 (6 sets):
6 Decline Bench Press + 6 Dead-lifts
Increase load over the course of 6 sets

-185# across for Bench
-315# x 2 sets, 365# x 3 sets, 375# x 1 set for Dead-lift ... this rest interval left me almost exactly 2 minutes between each set, this was tough during the second half.

B.
5 Rounds (15 Minute Clock):
Min 1 - 10 Strict Pull-ups
Min 2 - Max Bodyweight Barbell Rows (barbell row low in a squat rack, pulling chest to barbell)
Min 3 - Rest
*Score = Total Rows

-20, 16, 12, 12, 11 ... ROUGH ... this was drastically more difficult than I thought it would be... had to break up the pull-ups starting on the 3rd set... got a huge pump in my arms from this ... this was supposed to be with ring rows, but didn't have access to rings, so just used the barbell. It worked out great anyway.

C.
3 Super-Sets:
EZ Bar Preacher Curl (50#) x 10 reps
EZ Bar Reverse Curl (40#) x 10 reps
Rest 1:30 to 2:00

-Complete ... arms were already pretty much done from part B... tried to go as hard as possible

D.
One Continuous Pyramid Set, up and back down (100 total reps):
Tricep Cable Push-Down
10 Reps @ 30, 40, 50, 57.5, 65#
Rest No More than :30 between sets

-Made this up on the spot, was a solid pump for my triceps, nothing too crazy, good finisher.

PM Workout (1400) 

38:08 Aerobic Run

-Had a really slow day here at TBS, so I had more free time in the afternoon... went out 20 and came back in 18 ... lots of rolling hills on a dirt trail in Quantico ... beautiful weather, about 75 degrees with almost no wind ... really weird weather for February ... but being out in the sun running by myself made me really happy. Great way to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment