Friday, April 9, 2021

4/10/21

Today was a really good day in the gym ... trusted in the taper and the programming and really tried to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Really happy with how these lifts went, my wife and I have both made great strength progress over the last 22 weeks. 

A.
Competition Back Squat
3 sets x 1 rep
Warm up and then give yourself 3 "competition squat attempts". Your best back squat will go towards your total.

-Attempts:

440# ... this felt relatively easy, but a bit heavier then I remember it feeling during Wednesday's opener
460# ... took about 5 minutes between attempts and this went up very easily, felt super solid
470# ... took another 5 minutes between attempts. This is 5# more than I've ever attempted ... 460# was my previous PR from December 2016 and the last attempt at a PR I took in 2015 was 465# and I failed that attempt... I was really happy to move 470# without much struggle. Super stoked about this, one of the happiest moments I've had in the gym in years. 
 
B.
Competition Bench Press
3 sets x 1 rep
Warm up and then give yourself 3 "competition bench attempts". Your best bench press will go towards your total

-Attempts:

-260# ... went up easily, this is well within my comfort zone
-275# ... got this without a spot... needed one last time we maxed out at this weight ... I definitely bounced this a bit and lost my tightness at the bottom of this lift... massive amount of strength/athleticism to gain from improving my form and consistency on bench 
-280# ... failed ... needed a small spot through the middle... probably would count as training rep, but definitely not for competition 
 
C.
Competition Deadlift
3 sets x 1 rep
Warm up and then give yourself 3 "competition deadlift attempts". Your best deadlift will go towards your total.

-Attempts:

505# ... for most of this cycle I have been feeling confident with lifts right around 500# ... this went up easily
535# ... this is a 5# lifetime PR ... I missed this lift during out last max attempt. Overall felt strong on this and it went up rather smoothly. Very proud of this and for pushing myself outside my comfort zone. 
 
D.
Mock Competition Total
1 set x 1 rep
Add your best Back Squat + Bench Press + Deadlift (of the day) together to get your total

-470
-275
-535 

-Total = 1,280 

No comments:

Post a Comment