Friday, March 18, 2022

3/19/22

Today was one of the worst times in the gym I've had in a long time. Today was the worst I've ever felt for a max out / after a taper. I've had an accumulation of personal and professional stress that is inescapable. I was dreading this maxing out session and I was distracted and unhappy going into this session. This was as lame as it gets ... I hit some PRs throughout this cycle for 2-10 RMs on these lifts, but when it came to 1 RMs today everything just went to shit. What I am currently doing (powerlifting with no training partner while being extremely stressed) is just not working out for me. Lots of changes to my training/goals starting on Monday.

A.

Mock Powerlifting Competition - Total

1 set x 1 rep

Add your best Back Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift of the day together to get your total!


-Back Squat = up to 460# ... took 475# out of the rack (would have been a PR attempt) and tweaked my back while getting set for the rep ... not a great feeling, didn't attempt the PR. 460# felt really solid though.


-Bench = up to 285# ... this would have been a PR, but I had a random person spot and they touched the barbell a bit, I wish they would have let me fail / that I would have communicated better to them... but I will use this a training number given I think I would have gotten this rep anyway.


-Deadlift = warmed up to 475#, back felt like shit from the back squat tweak... tried 510# and failed, a number I've hit a bunch in training over the cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment