Friday, January 3, 2014

1/3/14


Today was a great training session. I was stoked about my PRs on the lifts. I again cut out of the run for a row, it's still icy outside. When I got to part D I legitimately did not want to do it, but once I got rolling I got it done, at least doing the thrusters unbroken. I did the workout about :30 slower than when I did this last March. My muscle-ups are just a little slower, but when I did this workout last time it was at the beginning of the session, not at the end. Despite not PRing the workout, I was happy with my effort.

A.
Take exactly 10 minutes to build to today’s heavy Strict Shoulder Press

and then…

Take exactly 10 minutes to build to today’s heavy Push Press

190#- PR
250# - PR

B.
Two sets for times:
Row 500m
95/65 lb Shoulder to Overhead x 25 reps
Rest 3 minutes

2.20 + 2.27

C.
Back Squat
*Set 1 – 6 reps @ 65% (275#)
*Set 2 – 4 reps @ 75% (315#)
*Set 3 – 2 reps @ 85% (350#)
*Set 4 – Max Reps @ 80% (335#)
Rest 2 minutes between sets.
Max reps sets terminate with any excessive pausing at the top of the lift. The athlete should take no more than 2 seconds at the top of the lift to breathe, brace and start their descent for the next rep.

-Max Reps = 10, could have kept going, but not with the 2 second break at the top.

D.
For time:
95/65 lb Thrusters x 20 reps
5 Muscle-Ups
Thrusters x 15 reps
4 Muscle-Ups
Thrusters x 10 reps
3 Muscle-Ups
Thrusters x 5 reps
2 Muscle-Ups

6.25. Thrusters unbroken, slow muscle-ups, lots of singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment