Monday, January 6, 2014

1/6/14

Today was an awesome day of training. I was a little tired/tight in my posterior chain and IT bands, but once I got warmed up I went really hard. Lungs feel good, strength is still there. Parts A and C of this were totally brutal. Front squats doubles on the minute were some of the most mentally tough lifts I've done in a while. Super solid day of training, pumped to train tomorrow!

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 8 minutes:
Front Squat x 2 reps @ 85% (325#)
-TOUGH, but got the work done.

B.
Five sets of:
Halting Clean Deadlift + Hang Clean + Clean + Jerk @ 80-90% (225-255#)
Rest as needed
-225#, 235#, 245#, 255#, 260# (missed jerk, messed up the dip)

C.
Five sets for max reps of:
45 seconds of Ground to Overhead (185/135 lbs)
Rest 45 seconds
-9,7,6,6,6 - This was brutal on my lungs, huge effort.

D.
Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
Odd Minutes – 15 Wall Ball Shots (20 lb)
Even Minutes – 10 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
-Complete, this was tough, but much better feeling than part C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment