Thursday, December 8, 2016

12/7/16

9 Mile Hike Under about ~130-140# load form 0300-0600 ... carrying a machine gun on the hike was horrible. My gear wasn't really laid out correctly and it ended up really fucking me over. I've never fallen out of a hike before and I don't intend to ever allow that to happen, but this was damn close. For the first 3 miles I felt like my gear was compressing my chest and I wasn't really able to get a full breath of air. Once we took the first of two 10 minute breaks I was able to adjust my load-out and fix it ... this march was almost entirely on a paved road and I was wearing my newer pair of boots because my tried-and-true hiking boots were soaking wet from yesterday... I wrapped up my feet but they still got pretty mangled from this hike and then the follow ~24 hours of continuous weapons and tactics training. Overall a rough experience for my feet and back, but I am proud of myself for digging in and staying the course through a lot of adversity today. This hike was a kick in the balls in a big way that you can't find in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment