Wednesday, January 15, 2020

1/27/20

In retrospect, today was a great training/testing session... I was pretty bummed given my strict press didn't increase over this training cycle, but I did improve everything else. Although I haven't weighed myself, my body composition has improved and I've definitely lost some weight, so having said that, I am as strong as I was at the beginning of this cycle, but at a lighter weight. Anyway, overall a great day in the gym, looking forward to more workouts this week. 

Warmup: 
For Time @ 75%
Row 1000m/850m
25 Push Ups
25 Ring Rows
25 BJSD 24/20"


-Complete

A) Strict Press
Build to a 1RM

-95# x 5, 135# x 3, 155# x 2, 175# x 1, 185# x 1 (fail) - didn't get the rep at 185# ... probably should have done more warm-up sets and not taken such big jumps, but I was amped to hit this. 175# is the same weight I hit 12 weeks ago for a single 

B) Weighted Strict Pronated Pull-Up
Build to a 1RM

-72#, 88#, 106# ... this is an 18# improvement over 12 weeks ago 

C) For Max Reps

3mins AMRAP
Strict Pull Ups
rest 2mins

3mins AMRAP
Strict Handstand Push Ups
rest 2mins

3mins AMRAP
Kipping Pull Ups
rest 2mins

3mins AMRAP
Ring Push Ups

-Result = 
40 Strict Pull-ups (35 previous PR) 
30 Strict HSPU (21 previous PR) 
80 Kipping PU
50 Ring Push-ups  ... at the start of the cycle there were no tests of the Kipping PU or Ring Push-ups, but I improved my strict gymnastics movement quite a bit, which was nice to see ... my time for 100 kipping pull-ups is 3:40, so I feel as though I could have PRed this with 80 done at 30/20/20/10 coming off a strict weighted pull-up and the max 3 minute interval of strict pull-ups. Overall great to see progress here and feel fit on this stuff 

D) EMOM x 15mins FUN
1st - 50 Double Unders
2nd - 10 Dual KB Snatch (choose an unbroken weight)
3rd - 12 Dual KB Push Press (every 3reps perform a 5m front rack carry before continuing)


-Complete, used 2 x 35# KB for the snatches, used 2 x 53# for the push-press and carries ... that was WAY harder than I thought it would be ... had to brea cup the push-press and carries on the 3/4/5 set ... great conditioning, fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment