Saturday, January 25, 2020

2/1/20

This morning was a great workout... have had some insane life/work stress and it has been affecting me mentally and emotionally... training has been the last thing on my mind ... not sure why, but life always seems to get insane around times when I have to test my 1 RMs and other fitness tests, but such is life. With the two rest days yesterday it was nice to let my body physically recover even if I have been completely mentally overstressed and overworked ... anyway, traveling for work (high profile, very complicated felony trial) and was fortunate enough to get in the entirety of my programmed session at a gym I dropped into prior to trial prep. 

Warmup: 
5min Easy Assault Bike
+
3 Sets NFT
20 Seated Banded Abductions
15 Scapular Push Ups on Elbows
8 Single Arm Ring Rows/arm 20X0

-Complete 

A) Back Squat
build to a 1RM for the day

Singles went 350#, 375#, 395#, 410# ...  I was really happy with this. Prior to the marathon and T-spine injury my PR was 430# (lifetime PR of 460# from 2014) but 410# for right now is a good place to be. When I came off the marathon and tested my back squat it was at 350#... great to get under some heavier load and feel confident with weight on my back. I was a bit nervous about the 410#, but it went up no problem. 

B) Back Squat 
Take 85% of the total weight lifting in part A max - then perform 1 set of Max Reps at a Strict 30X0 Tempo
Example
- Max Squat Part A = 100kg
- Load 85kg on the bar and perform 1 set for max reps
- Tempo reads as follows:
3 seconds Down
0 seconds Pause at bottom
X Up as fast as you can
0 seconds Pause at top
*most key is that you maintain the tempo on the way down and you absolutely cannot stop moving with a pause at the top. If you pause even slightly at the top the set is over. - Total reps listed

-350# ... only got 3 reps... that tempo rocked me (compared to 280# for 5 reps at start of program) 

C) For Time @ 90% Effort (compare to 11/03/19)
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 
Bench Press (165#)
Strict Pull-ups 

-10:27 ... compared to 18:45 from the start of the program ... I was extremely surprised by how well this went, almost did it twice as fast... all of the sets were unbroken or in 2 sets at most ... which was much better than at the start of the program... overall enjoyed this and enjoyed improving. 

D) 3 Rounds for Time
Assault Bike 1600m/1200m
21 Dual KB Push Press Press 53/35
12 Dual KB Front Rack Squats 53/35

-12:53 ... good aerobic conditioning, unbroken except the third set of Push-Press which went 11/10. 

E) ROMWOD

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment