Monday, October 2, 2023

10/01/23

'Maine Marathon' 

-4:43 ... this ended up being slower than my previous marathon in 2019 by about 20 minutes ... but on a positive note I didn't 'bonk' at all ... didn't walk at all during this marathon and paced things out well. I was on pace to finish around 4:15-4:20 (10 minute miles) until mile 21 and then I slowed down quite a bit .... running closer to 11 or 12s for those last few miles ... miles 23-26 got me in a big way, but I didn't completely bonk like last time. Anyway, I had a great time running this, beautiful course in a great part of the country (Portland, Maine) ... great race/volunteers and overall vibes during the race. I liked doing the Marine Corps Marathon, but I think I enjoyed this marathon more. I am really looking forward to getting back to more consistent strength training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment