Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9/9/14


Today left me really pissed off. Worst HSPU workout I've had in a while... just felt like shit. Yesterday really taxed my shoulders and I just felt horrible. Part A went really well... strict muscle-ups are easy for me for whatever reason. Strict HSPU on the other hand are still my biggest weakness. Bench press felt okay, but again, after yesterday there was no way I was going to PR a pressing movement... shitty day, worst workout I've had since coming back from Europe.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 mintues:
Minute 1 – Strict Muscle-Up x 4 reps
Minute 2 – Handstand Walk x 15 Meters
Minute 3 – Unbroken Double-Unders x 50 reps

-Complete, did 3 SMU every minute last week, felt really solid on this part of the session.

B.
Every 2 minutes and 30 seconds, for 20 minutes (8 sets):
Bench Press
*Set 1 – 5 reps @ 65% (165#) of 1-RM
*Set 2 – 3 reps @ 75% (190#)
*Set 3 – 1 rep @ 85% (215#)
*Set 4 – 5 reps @ 75% (190#)
*Set 5 – 3 reps @ 85% (215#)
*Set 6 – 1 rep @ 95% (240#)
*Set 7 – 1 rep @ 95+% (245#)
*Set 8 – 1 rep @ 95+% (250#) (f) - needed a spot through the middle of the rep

C.
Every 5 minutes, for 25 minutes:
Row 500 Meters
8 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
20 Ring Dips
Complete each set as quickly as possible. Note times for each set. If you struggle to complete the handstand push-ups, adjust the reps so that you have a reasonable shot at getting through them and the ring dips in the 5 minute period.

-I had to scale this part a lot... it would be physically impossible for me to complete these reps in the allotted interval. The workout was supposed to be 15 SHPUS each time... I did 8 strict HSPUs the first 3 sets, 6 on the 4th set and 8 kipping on the last set. Literally couldn't do a strict HSPU by the last set. This really pissed me off, I hate feeling weak at something. Fucking horrible session. The first couple sets were around 4 minutes... last three were finished right around 4:55-5:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment