Saturday, September 27, 2014

9/27/14


This morning was an awesome session. I felt really great and had a ton of fun lifting with my boys. Great day in the gym. What it's all about, training hard outside your comfort zone and having fun with your best friends. Pumped that we got squat/bench/deadlift all in one session haha... feeling strong and fit.

A.
Every two minutes, for 10 minutes (5 sets):
Back Squat - was going off 435# - true 1 RM
*Set 1 – 5 reps @ 55% (245#)
*Set 2 – 5 reps @ 65% (275#)
*Set 3 – 3 reps @ 75% (325#)
*Set 4 – 2 reps @ 85% (370#)
*Set 5 – 2 reps @ 90% (390#)

-Complete, got all the reps easy, 390# felt great. Was a little nervous about it, haven't been squatting heavy with the injury, but everything went great this morning. This is going off my true 1 RM ... nailing all the reps gave me some confidence back with my ability to squat.

B.
Every two minutes, for 4 minutes (2 sets):
Back Squat x 10 reps @ 75% (325#)

-Epic fail here... only got two sets (was supposed to be 6 minutes/3 sets). Hamstrings started cramping after I racked the 20th rep, looked at the clock and only had :25 until the 3rd set was going to start. Just called it considering I'm overcoming this injury and just getting back into squatting. Was happy with my effort on the first two sets though, 20 reps at 325# is no fucking joke.

C.
Three rounds for time of:
10 Deadlifts (315/205 lbs)
20 Pull-Ups

Rest until the running clock hits 10:00, and then…

D.
For time:
Row 60 calories
60 Walking Lunges with 32/24 kg Kettlebells in Farmer’s Carry Hold

-5:30 ... there are definitely times in my life where I could have easily done the dead-lifts unbroken. Just didn't have it today considering I haven't dead-lifted all summer. But getting back into and felt pretty decent. Tried to push the pull-ups as much as I could. Did 20 then 10/10 10/10.

-9:58... this hurt, legs were just toasted after the squatting/dead-lifting.

E.
In Teams of Two, for time:
150 Bench Press (135#)
-Teams must complete 5 strict pull-ups every minute on the minute

-9:50. I have 3 male training partners, split up into two teams and just went fucking hard. The other dudes beat us by about 15 seconds. This was the most fun I've had working out in a while, it was fucking great. Just broing out and pushing each other. Love the crew I get to work with every day. Pumped to rest and hit next week hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment