Tuesday, December 23, 2014

12/23/14

Today was an awesome day in the gym. There was the 12 days of christmas crap programmed ... but I instead took the opportunity to do a workout I wrote that I've wanted to get after for a while. Looked like this:

For time:
10,9,8,7...1
Bench Press (225#)
Back Squat (315#)
Dead-lift (405#)
Strict Weighted Pull-up (45#)

-63.30. This was a great session. Felt strong on everything. While doing this and finishing it I was more just proud of myself than anything. I remember in 2010-11 when these numbers were ABOVE my 1 RMs ...  I literally would have told you then that I'd never be strong enough to do this workout. Crazy the progress you can make with consistency and intensity in training. Great day in the gym. I was literally scared / questioning myself if I could even do this (especially the bench press) prior to starting the clock. But I got the work done, was a big effort. I'll try this again in a few years!

-Bench Press: PRed my 5 rm bench on the opening set ... rest of it was triples, doubles and singles with no strategy, just based off feel.

-Back Squat: felt really confident here ... all sets easily unbroken.

-Deadlift: Was confident here, but paced... opened with a set of 5 on every set greater than 5 and broke those sets into sets of 2, everything 5 and below was unbroken.

-Pull-ups: Just as much of a shit-show as the bench, just got through them with triples, doubles and singles as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment