Saturday, December 6, 2014

12/6/14

Was tired today... but once I got warmed up and moving I felt pretty good. Law school finals suck ass... even in the third year of school, they still blow and are stressful. Not so great for training... feel really mentally drained. Also that I trained alone today contributed to overall being mentally drained. I was able to lift well, felt solid on the heavy stuff ... hard to push the metcon when alone / generally exhausted. Glad I get to rest tomorrow. I have been having solid sessions and been PRing ... but just don't feel totally great. Probably will feel a lot more focused and confident once finals are over. Anyway, glad I got this work in, was overall a really great day even if I didn't feel 100%, got all the work in regardless... what it's all about. Also, I added in a random max bench today ... been feeling strong on pressing stuff, so wanted to test this out.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 6 minutes:
Back Squat x 1 rep @ 95% (420#)

-Complete. I felt really strong here, great stuff. Best back squatting has felt in a while!

B.
Every 2 minutes for 20 minutes (10 sets):
Bench Press - went off old 1 RM of 250# ... haven't tested a max bench in over a year?
*Set 1 - 5 x 65% (165#)
*Set 2 - 3 x 75% (185#)
*Set 3 - 1 x 85% (215#)
*Set 4 - 5 x 75% (185#)
*Set 5 - 3 x 85% (215#)
*Set 6 - 1 x 95% (235#)
*Set 7 - 1 x 100%+ (255#)  PR
*Set 8 - 1 x 100%+ (260#)  PR
*Set 9 - 10 x 75% (185#)
*Set 10 - 10 x 75% (185#)

-Was happy to test this / PR ... my bench press is still embarrassingly bad, but progress is progress I guess?

C.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 6 minutes of:
3 Hang Snatches (175/115 lbs)
30 Double-Unders

Rest 4 minutes, and then…

D.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 6 minutes of:
6 Ground to Overhead (175/115 lbs)
12 Burpees Over the Barbell

Rest 4 minutes, and then…

E.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 6 minutes of:
12 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
12 Ring Dips
12 Box Jump-Overs (30″/24″)

-6 Rounds
-3 Rounds + 6 Reps
-2 Rounds + 24 Reps

-First part was brutal ... felt sluggish and drained.
-This part was a little more fun, just tried to go as HAM as possible... right in my wheelhouse
-Was completely drained on this last part ... C2B pull-ups unbroken, nothing left for the ring dips after benching though. Just felt slow and probably moved through this at about 80% ... glad I at least did this last part, literally didn't want to... training alone sucks! Was really happy I got it in though.

No comments:

Post a Comment