Saturday, August 19, 2017

8/19/17

Got in the gym around 8:30 am ... just put something together on the spot and worked out alone. I enjoyed getting into a class last weekend, but it was also a nice change to just hit some crossfit at my own discretion. Shoulders were fried (probably from Thursday?) but I got through everything.

A.
EMOM 10:
Odd: 10 Cal Row
Even: 7 Air Squats + 7 Push-ups

-Complete ... this was my warm-up... needed to loosen up, I was tight when I woke up this morning.

B.
'Nick' (variant)
10 RFT:
Dumbbell Hang Squat Clean (2 x 45# DB) x 12
Strict HSPU x 6

-28:40 ... this workout is traditionally 6 HSPU 'on the dumbbells' ... but only had circular dumbbell ... not the hex dumbbells that can be used for HSPU ... so I just substituted strict HSPU. Got a lot of intensity out of this ... goal was under 20 minutes, got through 8 rounds in 20:00 and then the last two rounds took me over 8 minutes... was down to singles on the HSPU. Cleans felt solid throughout, kept a consistent 7/5 for each set. Great workout, much needed rest coming up for next week's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment