Thursday, August 3, 2017

8/3/17

AM Workout (0530) 

Today was a pretty lame workout... at least I was able to do everything in the class ... what I thought was a minor tweak of my back last week has become a lasting injury... I'm in near constant pain again... same place/symptoms as my back pain has always been. I had a solid 3 months there after TBS where I was able to train with 100% intensity and focus and I was really making progress and making healthy choices in my life. I feel like all of that has been taken away from me with this injury... Having to scale/cherry pick/alter workouts is extremely annoying and frustrating. It is good that I am leaving town for 10 weeks and I can design my own workouts and give my back the rest it needs to be pain free.

A.
EMOM 15 Minutes:
3 Muscle-ups

-Complete ... very easy, maybe should have done more reps for less minutes? I just put this together on the spot because the class was working on MU for 15 minutes.

B.
3 RFT:
18 Box Jumps (24/20")
15 DB Snatch, alternating (50/35#)
12 Burpees
9 Toes-to-Bar

-7:37 ... went through this at about 80% effort ... didn't want to hurt myself any more ... after finishing this workout and getting in some movement, this is the best my back has felt.

C.
ROMWOD and extra couch/frog stretching

-Complete

PM Workout (1215) 

A.
8 sets of:
500m Row
Rest 1:20

-Complete ... intervals were 1:36 / 1:48 for fastest/slowest ... was trying to keep everything below 1:39 ... but fell off hard after the 4th interval ... always good to get some rowing in, I enjoyed getting this in.

B.
3 Super-Sets:
Strict Pull-ups x 10 reps
Side Plank x 90 seconds (:45 right, :45 left)
Rest 90 seconds

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment