Monday, July 2, 2018

7/10/18

Today was a rough ass day... extremely humbling and difficult ... this was one hell of a workout coming off a 5 day binge drinking/eating festival that was my time in Maine ... I did not feel athletic and I felt generally sluggish. Having said that, this was an insane conditioning piece... I've never had 225# snatches in a conditioning workout... so I should put this in perspective and be proud that I was able to do this. I have a huge amount of regret/embarrassment/general loss of self-worth over this last vacation... I am really hoping to get back into shape after my time fucking up my diet/sleep/tons of alcohol. Today was the first day on that step back to serious training... it was a tough one.

A.
6 Sets:
Power Snatch + Overhead Squat + Snatch Balance + Squat Snatch
Technique loads. Drop bar after Snatch Balance.

-135# x 3 sets, 155# x 3 sets ... great warm-up, felt very good after this

B.
On the Minute For As Long as Possible:
20 Double Unders + 1 Snatch
Weights starts at 155/105 and increase by 10/5

-225#, missed 235# ... when I did this at the 2012 regional I hit 195# and missed 205# ... 195# was a PR at the time when I hit it...

C.
4 RFT:
400m Run
9 Ring Muscle-Ups
3 Squat Snatches (225/155)

Rest 5:00

4 Rounds For Time:
27 Calorie Assault Bike
9 Back Squats (225/1555)
3 Clusters (225/155)

Rest 5:00

21-18-15-12-9:
Calorie Row
Med-ball GHD Sit-Ups (20/14)

-Result =
-27:40 ... missed 2 snatches... first rep on second set and the last rep on the final set ... all MU were 5/4 ... my goal going into this was to not miss any snatches, as I've never handled 225# for conditioning pieces before... overall a huge mental battle, but got through it.
-25:35 ... way worse than I thought this was going to be
-14:01 ... never done a GHD sit-up with a med-ball... 100x harder than I thought they would be

-Each part of this was much more difficult than I thought it would be... this was an extremely difficult session to come back to straight off of vacation ... in the near future when I feel like I'm back to my normal self I will re-test this session.

D.
10 Minutes stretching / lower-body mobility

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment