Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9/25/13


Today was an awesome session. The metcon was probably the hardest workout overall I've done since getting out of OCS. I definitely hit some walls throughout part B of the workout. The lunges and high volume pull-ups killed me. Great session, excited for some much needed rest and to get after it on Friday.

A.
Eight sets of:
Tempo Front Squat @ 31X1 + Front Squat
Rest 2-3 minutes
Three second descent to the bottom of the front squat, then pause for one full second (“one-one thousand”) and get up to standing as quickly as possible, then reset, breath, tighten up and perform another front squat with no tempo restriction. Build to the heaviest load possible.
-225# x 4 sets, 245# x 2 sets, 265# x 2 sets

B.
Three rounds for time of:
10 Power Cleans (135/95 lb)
20 Barbell Weighted Walking Lunges (135/95 lb)
30 Pull-Ups

Rest exactly 3 minutes, and then . . .

C.
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 Meters
30 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)

Total time of 42:03 - 3:00 = 39.03. The first part of the workout was done in 19.03. The running in the second workout rocked me. I was jogging basically from the start. My legs and hips were just done. I felt pretty strong on the 2 pood swings though. Again, this was a great day in the gym. I really just simply enjoyed training today and it was a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment