Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8/13/14

Today was a really solid session. The metcon was surpassingly brutal. I was working out by myself and it was a huge mental battle for me. The mental toughness it takes to be successful in crossfit is one of the things that keeps me coming back to this sport and way to train. It is pretty awesome. Really pushed it today, pumped to compete this weekend, even if I'm slightly injured and not in my absolute best shape (drinking copious amounts of German beer has been interrupting training)... but I have PRed a lot of lifts while over here, especially my overhead strength, which needs to improve the most. Anyway, today was awesome, I'm really thankful to be able to train and enjoy this shit so much.

A.
Death by Underhand Strict Pull-ups

-9 reps + 7 (failed the 8th rep on the 10th minute). These felt solid.

B.
Every 2 minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
High Hang Power Clean + Hang Power Clean + Power Clean
Drop after each clean and reset into a good position for the next rep.

-1 minute @ 198#
-2 minutes @ 220#
-2 minutes @ 231#
-2 minutes @ 242#
-1 minute @ 253#

-Felt a little fatigued on this complex, but got through it and tried to push it.

C.
Every minute, on the minute, for 30 minutes:
Minute 1 – 15 Heavy Russian Kettlebell Swings (2 pood)
Minute 2 – 10 Walking Lunges with Kettlebells (2 x 2 pood)
Minute 3 – 12 Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24")

-This was brutal. Around minute 22 I spilled over a set of burpees into the next minute, so I took a minute off and resumed the Swings on the extra minute. So I did a total work time of 31 minutes. Solid effort here, those burpee box-jump overs were a bitch. I loved how hard this felt and how much I had to  push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment