Friday, October 24, 2014

10/24/14

AM Workout (0500) 

My shoulders were ripped up today ... otherwise felt pretty decent. I don't know how anyone would PR their jerk after the shit we did on Monday and Wednesday... I basically assumed this going into the session. I kept the lifting on the lighter side... just had to. Metcon went well though, felt really fit, aerobically and bodyweight stuff.

A.
Every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes (5 sets):
Snatch Balance + Hang Snatch + Snatch + Overhead Squat
Build over the course of the five sets.

-135#, 155#, 175#, 185#, 195#. This is technically a PR for this complex?

B.
Every 2 minutes, for 20 minutes (8 sets):
Front Squat + Jerk

-This was supposed to be progressing from 60% to over 100% for a PR attempt ... felt like fucking shit in my shoulders. Worked speed and mechanics from 185# - 245# ... 300#+ PR was not going to fucking happen. This was a little frustrating, I want to improve my jerk, but my shoulders are just not recovering from the shit we've been doing this cycle. Really pisses me off, but whatever, I'm happy with a lot of other aspects of my fitness that I've been improving ... tomorrow is another day.

C.
Every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes (3 sets), complete the following for time:
Row 1250/1000 Meters
60 Double-Unders
30 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
10 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
10 Toes to Bar
5 Bar Muscle-Ups

-9:20
-10:20
-11:30 (11:10)

-Spilled over the last two rounds, despite scaling back the SHPUs from 15 reps to 10 each round. My lungs felt great and all the movements felt solid. Much happier with this conditioning piece than I was with the jerk.

PM Workout (1900)

I was a little taxed from this morning, but had a pretty solid session in the evening. Got in some skill stuff and then a gnarly conditioning workout.

A.
2 Sets:
Banded KB Overhead Squats (2 x 26# KB) x 10 Reps (1 second hold in bottom)
Strict Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups x 10 Reps
Rest as needed to get all reps unbroken

-Complete

B.
2 Sets:
Banded KB Bench Press (2 x 26# KB) x 10 Reps
Strict Pull-ups x 10 Reps
Rest as needed to get all reps unbroken

-Complete

C.
'Filthy Fifty'
For time:
50 Box Jumps (24")
50 Jumping Pull-ups
50 KBS (53#)
50 Walking Lunges
50 Knees-to-Elbows
50 Push-Press (45#)
50 Back Extensions
50 Wall-balls (20#)
50 Burpees
50 Double-unders

-22:23. Rough day. Those burpees took me way too long. They were really slow. Never been great at chippers. I was really gunning for under 20 minutes ... I felt taxed from this morning though. Happy with my effort. Solid PM session. I think this is technically a PR for the workout ... I did a modified version of this in 2011-ish in 23 minutes ... also remembering doing this back in 08/09 some time and throwing up about 5 minutes after the workout. Glad to get this in, was a mental battle. Would be interested to hit this fresh.



No comments:

Post a Comment