Friday, October 3, 2014

10/03/14

AM Workout (0500)

Today was an okay session... just really bitter about not hitting a snatch PR... I'm getting to the point where pulling is really easy, but I have trouble standing up weight because my right arm just gives out. It's pretty frustrating. I need to spend more time overheard squatting and getting strength in the hole.... also my back got really tight/painful after the snatching... extremely frustrating... On the bright side, the metcon was one of the most extremely mentally and physically challenging workouts I've ever done. It took every ounce of effort I had to get all the reps. Great stuff, really loved to push myself. Hopefully back feels better tomorrow... tomorrow is another day...

A.
Every 90 seconds, for 15 minutes (10 sets):
Snatch x 1 rep
Build by feel. Load should be secondary to perfect mechanics. If the rep isn’t technically perfect, do not add load.

-Worked up to 220# easy in 7 reps... then missed 228# behind me, then missed 238# twice... I was feeling really fast and strong, my fucking right elbow just breaks under heavy weights in the hole though... Shitty day on snatch. At least I'm at the point where I can comfortably hit 220# even when feeling shitty.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
Snatch Push-Press x 1 rep

-2 sets @ 198#
-2 sets @ 220#
-8 sets @ 231#

-Haven't hit these in a while, it didn't feel great, need to keep incorporating them.

C.
Every minute, on the minute, for 24 minutes:
Minute 1 – 30 Double-Unders + 10 Pull-Ups
Minute 2 – 10 Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24″/20″)
Minute 3 – 12 Push Press (115/75 lbs)

-This was fucking insane, took my mind somewhere I don't usually go. Got all the reps unbroken... TOUGH.


PM Workout (1715) 

Loving these PM Friday sessions. My back was tight/painful throughout the day... felt a lot better after getting moving. Randomly decided to throw in the death by 10 meters... was really fun with some good dudes. Metcon correlated a little bit to last week, lungs felt great. Super solid session, better than this morning!

A.
Death by 10 Meters

-15 minutes, capped it off at 15; finished in 14:50... probably could have gotten 17+ plus reps, but we called it there. Really fun / different. Love the change of direction, doesn't happen enough in crossfit.

Rest exactly 10 minutes then...

B.
EMOM 21 (7 sets)
Minute 1: 250m Row
Minute 2: 12 Unbroken T2B
Minute 3: 15 Cal Airdyne

-All reps complete, felt solid, great training. Pumped for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment