Saturday, October 25, 2014

10/25/14


Today was super solid training session. I don't think I PRed anything, but I was really happy with my effort/consistency considering the volume of training I've been doing. Everything felt pretty decent, body is pretty smoked though, definitely ready for a rest day.

A.
Every two minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
Back Squat
*Set 1 – 5 reps @ 55% (245#)
*Set 2 – 5 reps @ 65% (275#)
*Set 3 – 3 reps @ 75% (325#)
*Set 4 – 2 reps @ 85% (370#)
*Set 5 – 2 reps @ 90% (390#)
*Set 6 – 1 rep @ 95% (415#)
*Set 7 – 2 reps @ 90% (390#)
*Set 8 – 1 rep @ 90% (390#)

-Complete, felt super solid.

B, C and D.
“The 2008 CrossFit Games…Minus the Hill…and compressed into 30 minutes”

Against a running clock, perform the following for time:

'Fran'
Complete rounds of 21, 15 and 9 reps of:
Thrusters (95/65 lbs)
Pull-Ups

-3:06. This was supposed to be C2B, but I wanted to test my regular Fran... never get to. Tried to go hard here, this is the first time I've ever done an unbroken Fran with butterfly pull-ups. Was slow in my transitions and didn't really feel like I had that killer instinct that you need for this workout. Tried to push it, but when I finished I wasn't even really breathing that hard or like falling over, just a slight pump in the forearms. Would be interested to see how hard I could go without having done a very high volume two-a-day yesterday.

Rest until the clock hits 10:00, and then…

Five rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts (275/185 lbs)
10 Burpees
(clap overhead in the air – straight line from wrists, hips and ankles)

-4:20. This felt pretty solid, easily unbroken dead-lifts, burpees were a little slow. Need to lose a few more pounds to get these back to where they used to be.

Rest until the clock hits 20:00, and then…

For time:
30 Squat Clean & Jerks (155/100 lbs)

-6:20. This was freaking awful after the above work. I got the first 15 at a consistent pace and then just sort of gassed out hard. Tried to push it, but was running on empty pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment