Friday, October 31, 2014

10/31/14

AM Workout (0500) 

Today was a great training session. Given that this week is the 'transition' week and the length of the metcon today, I will not be doing my usual Friday night cardio sesh. I'm super stoked about the progress I've been making lately, PRs all around and bodyweight is down. I want to my body to be healed up and ready for the next cycle. Solid day of training, have to skip tomorrow's workout and shift it over to Sunday.

A.
Every 2 minutes, for 12 minutes (6 sets):
Snatch Balance + Hang Snatch + Snatch + Overhead Squat
Build over the course of the six sets. Try to exceed last week’s loads.

-135# x 1
-185# x 2 sets
-195# x 2 sets
-205# x 1

-Felt solid here despite my back just blowing up. Still sore from Wednesday, but glad I was able to hit this complex at 205# on the last set. Probably could have gone heavier, solid training nonetheless.

B.
Every 10 minutes, for 50 minutes (5 sets) complete the following as quickly as possible:
Row 1000m
2 Legless Rope Climbs (15′)
10 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
15 Ring Dips
20 Burpees Box Jump-Overs (24″/20″)

-7:17 (unbroken)
-7:59 (8/2)
-8:25 (6/2/2)
-9:20 (5/3/2)
-9:22 (5/2/2/1)

-I was really happy with my effort on this workout. It was good to always get 5 SHPUs right away, plus not having to switch to singles ... except that damn 50th rep. Lungs feel solid, rope climbs feel about the same (haven't been doing them much lately), dips and burpees are feeling a lot better. This volume of dips would have killed me in the past. Overall a very solid session, nothing maximal and no PRs were set, but happy about the day / the training grind. Great session with great people, what it's all about.

PM Workout (1730) 

Caught some DB accessory work in the evening. Various shoulder/tricep/bicep stuff with 25# and 50# DBs that I have at home, got a sick pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment