Friday, February 20, 2015

2/20/15

Active Rest Day.

So today quickly turned into an active recovery day based off of feel. There was more volume / barbell stuff programmed, but I cut it out. I started warming up and just felt like complete crap. I had zero energy and my body is definitely not recovered from the extremely high volume / intensity on Wednesday. I've been doing this long enough to know when to just call it and let my body rest. This is frustrating; I love training and love pushing it, but just had to call it and dial everything back. Hoping to feel better for a real training session tomorrow. This bastardized session looked like this:

A.
Behind the Neck Jerk (% off 1 RM Jerk)
*Set 1 – 55% (165#)
*Set 2 – 65% (195#)
*Set 3 – 75% (225#)
*Set 4 – 80% (245#)
*Set 5 – 85% (265#)
*Set 6 – 90% (275#)
*Set 7 – 95% (295#) - fail
*Set 8 – 101-105%  - didn't attempt
Rest as needed

-Felt like shit here, shoulders are just extremely sore from Wednesday (90 OH Lunges at 155#). Literally nothing there, no reason to even train this today.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 6 minutes:
10 Unbroken Butterfly Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups

-Complete, just skill work, these felt okay.

C.
Easy 2000m Row

-Rolled over 2000m at about 7:45 ... just went really easy and got the blood moving.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment