Monday, February 9, 2015

2/9/15

AM Workout (0500) 

This morning was an amazing training session. I felt great on everything and gave out a big effort. This was nothing but very hard work from start to finish. Really happy to PR my clean and the front squatting. Was very tough. The first metcon went very well, was happy with my performance. The second metcon was really rough ... wish I could have pushed it a little harder ... but C2B pull-ups and thrusters wreck me. I think taking the vacation to Florida last week reinvigorated both myself and my girlfriend. We both set PRs today and pushed it hard. Today was a great day, what it's all about, hard work with your best friends!

A.
Five sets of:
Clean x 1.1.1
(rest 10 seconds between singles)
Rest as needed
Build over the course of the five sets to today’s heavy triple.

-235#, 255#, 275#, 295#, 315# (3 RM PR). These felt solid today, had a big push from a new training partner. Really happy to push it outside of my comfort zone.

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 8 minutes:
Front Squat x 3 reps @ 75% (305#)

-Complete, got all the reps, this was insane. Massive effort here ... left me completely wrecked.

C.
For time:
3 Unbroken Power Cleans (225/145 lbs)
3 Bar-Facing Burpees
6 Unbroken Power Cleans (205/135 lbs)
6 Bar-Facing Burpees
9 Unbroken Power Cleans (185/125 lbs)
9 Bar-Facing Burpees
12 Unbroken Power Cleans (135/95 lbs)
12 Bar-Facing Burpees
Athletes must change their own weights. You may rest the barbell in the front-racked position, but if it stays on the floor any longer than one second, you must start the set over. If the loading is too heavy for you to perform safely, scale the loads to weights that make sense for you.

-4:25 ... felt really good here, big effort, happy with my performance on this workout.

Rest until fully recovered, and then…

D.
For time:
Row 1000 Meters
50 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
30 Thrusters (95/65 lbs)

-8:45. 3:30 row ... 10 sets of 5 @ 5 seconds rest for the pull-ups ... 6/9/7/8 on the thrusters. I was just all over the place on the thrusters ... I totally fell apart and was just redlining. I pushed the pull-ups pretty hard, didn't leave anything for the thrusters. This was a total bitch after parts A, B and C. Very good training though.

PM Workout (1400) 

Every 6 minutes for 30 minutes (5 sets):
Row 1000m

-Result:
1. 3:35
2. 3:36
3. 3:37
4. 3:36
5. 3:23

-Was trying to keep a consistent pace around my PR 5k split (~1:45-49) ... maintained this on the first four, then opened up on that last one. Was literally falling asleep at my desk while working before doing this on my lunch break ... but once I got moving I felt pretty good. This wasn't anything all out, but I'm glad I got some volume in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment