Saturday, February 7, 2015

2/7/15

Today was a great training session. I felt very solid, despite traveling back to Chicago today and training at about 4:45 pm instead of in the morning. I was really happy with my effort/pacing/strategy on the workout today and was very happy with my improvement. The score I got today would have put me at 15th in the North Central region last year (up from 44th). I did this workout alone with my girlfriend, she also PRed the workout. I was happy with both our efforts given we were just doing this alone and after a little higher volume training session yesterday / we just went on vacation and had all kinds of weird food. Overall a great day in the gym, very fun and enjoyable workout! My body feels great and I'm looking forward to hitting it hard this week.

A.
Warm-up as if you are approaching an Open event and you MUST perform at your absolute peak. It is important to understand what your routine will be – how you will get your body and mind prepared to give your full effort.

B.
CrossFit Games Open 14.4
Complete as many rounds and repetitions as possible in 14 minutes of:
60 Calorie Row
50 Toes to Bar
40 Wall Ball Shots (20 lbs to 10-foot target/14 lbs to 9-foot target)
30 Power Cleans (135/95 lbs)
20 Muscle-Ups

-1 round + 29 calories (229 reps). Improved from 217 last year. Paced everything very well ... don't have my exact splits, but I got to the rings about 45 seconds faster than last year (around 9:20). Also I didn't do any singles on the rings (last year all singles); this year was 4/3/3/3/3/2/2. Big effort, great workout.

Rest until fully recovered, and then…

C.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes (4 sets):
Minute 1 – Weighted GHD Hip Extension (55#) x 8 reps @ 2012
Minute 2 – Strict Chest-to-bar Pull-ups x 8 reps
Minute 3 – GHD Sit-Ups x 15 reps

-Complete

D.
AMRAP 20 Minutes, at moderate intensity:
250m row
Handstand Walk x 15 meters
Airdyne 800m
Bench Press (185#) x 10 reps

-3 rounds, didn't push anything here, more of an aerobic skill session. Used a lot of time here on the handstand walk ... definitely need the practice. Wanted to get in some bench press reps as well. Glad I got this in, was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment