Wednesday, September 21, 2016

9/22/16

AM Workout (0600) 

This morning was, in retrospect, a very good workout. I was happy driving to Camp Pendleton this morning when I realized this was going to be my last workout alone in this shitty out door crossfit gym. Also, as the weather gets colder in the morning, less people are working out in the outdoor gym, which is a really nice change. I'd rather workout in an empty space than be surrounded by stupid idiots doing dumb shit. I can't believe some of the shit I saw this gym... literally the worst things I've ever seen in a gym. Anyway, once I got rolling I felt pretty good; the complete rest and nap yesterday really helped.

A.
Every 2 for 20 (10 sets):
1 Push-Jerk + 2 Split Jerks*
*Pause two seconds in receiving position of both split jerks

-135#, 135#, 185#, 205#, 205#, 225#, 225#, 245#, 255#, 265# ... solid effort here, last three sets took a good amount of focus. Was lifting on shitty slanted floor and jerking out of a rack... all reps were TnG.

B.
Take 10 Minutes to Build to Today's 2 RM Jerk-Grip Overhead Squat (clean and jerked from floor)

-Built up to 225# for a double, felt extremely easy, went to 245# next and only got 1 rep, got sloppy and dropped the second rep out front. Should have gotten that rep, but due to time constraints just called it there and moved on.

C.
5 RFT:
8 C2B Pull-ups
4 Dead-lifts (275#)
10 DB Thrusters (2 x 40#)
15 Calorie Row

Rest 5:00

5 RFT:
10 BBJO (24")
15 Wall-Balls (30#)
20 Double-Unders
8 Toes-to-Bar

-13:01
-14:10 ... both of these were tough workouts... coupled together they were a real ass kicker. Got a great workout out of these conditioning workouts ... both were Invictus workouts, had to change the first part a little due to equipment issues, still got a great workout.

PM Workout (1730) 

I was pretty tired by the time I got to gym ... jumped in the class and got decently warmed up and felt pretty solid on the conditioning ... my shoulders were totally fried for the lifting, tried to go as hard as I could, but didn't have anything in my shoulders. Legless RCs felt really solid though.

A.
Behind the Neck Snatch Grip Strict Press
5 x 5

-95#, 95#, 115#, 115#, 115# ... not much there after this morning

B.
5 RFT:
3 Legless Rope Climbs (15')
400m Run

-13:29

No comments:

Post a Comment