Friday, September 22, 2017

9/23/17

I felt extremely tired and weak this morning... I was really looking forward to dead-lifting heavy this morning... but I had to switch over to hex bar last week due to wrist pain in the supinated position... wrist pain has pretty much gone away, but fuck did I feel weak on the barbell. I felt really solid two weeks ago when I pulled 460# for a triple... couldn't even hit 465# for a single today. I just felt off and crappy in the gym. Maybe my CNS is fried from maxing out my back squat on Tuesday? I have also had shitty sleep all week and have been stressed out a lot external to the gym. For whatever reason, I felt like ass. Just tried to make the best out of it anyway.

A.
Dead-lift
5-5-3-3-1-1-1-1 
Rest as needed

-315# x 5, 365# x 5, then went straight to singles: 405#, 445#, 465# (f) ... felt like shit, barbell barely got off the ground and I just shut it down. Extremely disappointing. 

B.
'Death by Strict Weighted Pull-ups' @ 25#

Rest exactly 2 minutes after last set, then 1 max set of unweighted pull-ups

-Death by @ 25# = 8 rounds + 5 reps
-Max set unweighted = 15 

C.
3 Sets of:
DB Rows x 40 reps (20 each arm)
Rest as needed

-53# across ... this was taxing, double the reps and lowered the weights, was tough/different. 

D.
3 Sets of:
Single Leg Double KB Dead-lift (2 x 35# KB) x 20 reps (10 each leg)
Rest as needed
GHD Plank x :60
Rest as needed

-Complete 

E.
EZ Bar Curl (alternate reverse/regular grip each set)
10 x 10
Rest :90

-60# across .... was planning on doing these all regular grip... but my wrist was bugging me in supination a little... didn't really want to fuck with it... this was really fun though, got a huge pump.

F.
20 Minutes Stretching

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment