Sunday, September 17, 2017

9/18/17

Luckily my wrist wraps came in the mail today... once I got warmed up and put them on, my wrist didn't hurt at all. I will probably never bench heavy without them again, simply to avoid any injury like this again... Anyway, I kind of felt like shit today in the gym... I don't think I am recovered from the pressing workout we did Friday night and this wrist pain has really gotten to me mentally. Overall I felt very weak on bench/pressing movements... pull-ups felt pretty solid though. Had a lot of alcohol and weird food this weekend. The alcohol was always in moderation, but it still caught up to me (3-4 drinks friday/saturday/sunday night). Hoping to feel better this week and get some more good days of consistent nutrition/rest in. I have been having a lot of REALLY solid workouts in the gym... I know every day is not a going to be a solid workout, but overall today was rough mentally and physically. Tomorrow is another day.

A.
Bench Press
5 sets of 1 rep @ 90% + 25# = (240#)
Rest 3 minutes

3 sets of 2-3 reps @ 80% + 20#= (225#)
Rest as needed

3 sets of 5-7 reps @ 70% + 20# = (190#)
Rest as needed

-Singles = 2/5 reps without assistance ... needed a small spot on other 3 ... I felt like complete shit. 235# felt very easy last week, so this was extremely frustrating
-3 sets of 2 at 225# ... didn't even try for triples, felt like ass
-3 sets of 7 @ 190# ... these felt much better, at least got all the reps here.

B.
Strict Weighted Dips
3 Sets of 8-10 (53#)
Rest as needed

-3 sets of 8 ... better than last week's 8,7,7.

C.
Weighted Strict Pull-up
5-3-1-1-1
Rest as needed
Rest 2-3 minutes after last set of weighted and then score 1 set of max unweighted reps

-5 unweighted, 3 x 53#, 1 x 78#, 1 x 88#, 1 x 100.5# (PR)? ... haven't maxed this out in a very long time, but both 88 and 100.5# felt very solid.
-Unweighted = 20 reps ... this felt very good considering all the above work that was done. I am looking to consistently hit 23 reps year-round in the future.

D.
3 Sets:
Flat DB Bench Press (thumbs towards head) x 10 reps
Rest as needed

-70# across ... felt like shit ... didn't exceed the loading from last week. 


E.

3 Sets:
Single Arm Incline DB Bench Press x 20 reps (10 each arm)
Rest as needed

-55#, 60#, 40# ... dropped down the weight on the last set because the 60# left me totally gassed out. 

F.
3 Super-sets of:

DB Skull Crushers (2 x 25#) x 10 reps
DB Tricep Kick Backs (2 x 15#) x 10 reps
Rest :60

-Complete

G.3 Sets:Tate Press (2 x 25#) x 10 reps
DB Tricep Kick Backs (2 x 15#) x 10 reps Rest :60

-Complete


H.
3 Sets*:
Tricep Push-Downs x 20 reps
Rest :60
*On the last set, finish the set of push-downs and then do a max set of rope push-downs at 50% of your last set 

-35#, 45#, 55#, rope push-downs at 22.5# = 20 reps ... huge pump/finisher, rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment