Monday, February 4, 2019

2/5/19

Well I had an absolutely terrible morning ... life/work/travel stress is seemingly ruining my life. I haven't been this unhappy in a long time; everything just seems to be going wrong at the same time. Still in a downpour with the only gym with crossfit equipment is an outdoor space and is locked up due to rain. I at least pushed myself to get into the gym and was attempting to modify what I had programmed... but it was completely impossible to do given the bodybuilding gym I am in... so I hit the rowing intervals for this week and just made up a workout on the spot that I could actually do with a squat rack and a bench area... pretty much all I had, no bumpers/dropping of weights... this is extremely rough for me mentally this time of year... I want to get in specific workouts... it is so taxing to be out of control of so many factors. Anyway... at least I made the effort to show up and do what I could. 

A.
8 x 350m row
Rest :60

-Result = 
1:08.6
1:06.6
1:06.3
1:09.5
1:08.2
1:08.1
1:07.6
1:09.1 ... paces were between 1:34.7 (third) and 1:38.7 (last) ... good intensity here, felt fit on the rower.

B.
For time:
10,9,8,7...1 
Back Squat (225#)
Deadlift (275#)
Bench Press (185#) 

-25:50 ... back squats unbroken, broke up the sets of 8 and 7 deadlifts, otherwise unbroken ... had to break up the bench a lot, was trying to get each set with only one break, but near the end there were some singles. This format of workout is always difficult for me... lots of benching volume that always gasses out... but overall a fun workout, albeit not at all what I had intended to do today. Hoping for better weather tomorrow and an opportunity to actually do the workouts I have programmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment