Monday, February 1, 2021

2/2/21

AM Workout (0700) 

Today was a good workout... shorter overall, but left my chest/triceps totally thrashed... I was very surprised by how difficult part B was ... I have a huge hole in my fitness when it comes to pause bench press... excited to get better at that movement. 

A.
Close Grip Bench Press
3 sets x 10 reps @ 65% (180#) 
65% of your one rep max bench press.

-Complete... surprisingly difficult, but got all the reps. 
 
B.
Paused Comp Grip Bench Press
1 set x 5 reps
Work up to a 5 rep max.

-185# x 5, 195# x 5, 205# x 4 (didn't attempt the 5th rep, barely got 4) 
 
C.
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
3 sets x 15 reps
Aim to reach failure at the given rep range.

-2x50# DB for 3x15 ... wasn't able to push the loading here... thrashed from parts A and B.

D.
Dips
5 sets x max reps
Do 5 max effort burnout sets.

-Went every 2 minutes for 10 minutes... got 10,9,10,9,9 
 
E.
Barbell Skull Crushers
3 sets x 15 reps
aim to reach failure at the given rep range.

-3x15 with 75#
 
F.
Strict Supinated Grip Pull-Ups
3 sets x 10-15 reps
You can choose the amount of reps as long as it is within the suggested range.

-3x10 ... sets went 10 ... 10 ... 9/1 ... was massively pumped from parts A-E at this point... not much left in my arms. 

PM Workout (1430) 

Put this together on the spot, ended up having a bit of extra free time during my work day, so I decided to sneak in a little cardio given I feel a little too bulked up/heavy from all this lifting. Enjoyed myself, got my HR up a bit, but nothing too taxing. 

Warm-up
3 Rds 
10 PVC Pass-Throughs 
10 PVC Overhead Squat 
10 Alternating Plank Shoulder Taps 

-Complete

A.
3 Sets, each for time: 
50/35 Calorie Ski
30 Anchored PVC Sit-ups
15 Burpees
Rest 5 Minutes  

-4:35
-4:51
-4:37 ... dragged ass a bit on the second set of burpees... but other than that I felt fairly consistent ... kept the ski at 1100 cal/hr on all sets 

No comments:

Post a Comment