Wednesday, July 21, 2021

7/23/21

Today was a difficult workout for me ... on paper it looked very simple... but my body is fairly thrashed from this week's workouts/life stress... have had a massive amount of pressure and stress in my life and it is adding up on me. 

A. 
Sumo or Conventional Deadlift
4 sets x 8 reps @ 70% (375#) 
70% of your one rep max deadlift, in the style you choose.

-Complete ... each one of these was a struggle... my left hamstring/adductor was sore from the get-go and tightened up in a bad way once I started warming up... got through these, but they were way more difficult than they should have been. 
 
B.
Single Leg RDLs w/ DB
3 sets x 10-15 reps
15 reps each side
 
-Complete, 50# DB for 3x10/leg

C.
Pull-ups
5 sets x max reps
If you cannot do body weight, do banded.

-20,10,10,9,9 ... rough, big pump 
 
D.
Barbell Row
4 sets x 8 reps
As heavy as possible.

-155# for 4x8... definitely can do more on this movement, but my hamstring was so tight I didn't want to push these... got quality reps here and called it at 155#
 
E.
Reverse Hyperextension (on bench) 
4 sets x 10 reps

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment