Monday, November 28, 2022

11/28/22

AM Workout (0545)

A bit rough to be back in the gym after taking ~10 days away due to illness. Overall happy to move and breath hard again. I'm still not completely recovered and still slightly congested. I am looking forward to being 100% again soon. 

A.
12 Minutes to build to a heavy complex:
3 Snatch Push-Press + 1 Overhead Squat

-95#, 145#, 165#, 185# ... didn't go super heavy here, just focused on perfect reps and a pause in the deepest part of the squat. 

B.
Every 5 for 20 minutes (4 sets) of:
20 Cal Bike
20 Wall-Balls (20/14#)
50' Overhead Walking Lunge (45# plate) 

-1:48
-1:56
-2:08
-2:16 ... all sets unbroken, but my bike/lunges slowed a bit on the second half ... the last couple sets were rough ... this left my legs totally fatigued. Good aerobic training, but definitely didn't feel 100% myself. 

PM Workout (1400) 

I was really hoping to go heavier/get more intensity out of this workout, but my shoulder started to hurt quite a bit during this session. Despite the pain improving a lot, bench press is definitely still off the table. 

A.
Weighted Strict Dips
5-4-3-2-1

*Increase weight as the reps decrease
- rest approximately 2 minutes between each set -

Suggestion on how to choose weight:
5 reps at 5/10 effort [you could do at least 4-5 more at that weight]
4 reps at 6/10 effort
3 reps at 6.5/10 effort
2 reps at 8/10
1 rep at max effort for the day 

-Result = 5 unweighted, 4 with 20#, 3 with 20#, 2 with 35#, 1 with 53# ... this is well under my 1 RM, but I was mostly feeling out my shoulder with this movement... it hurt slightly. 

B.
Death by Close Grip Bench Press (165#)*
*Start Every Minute With 3 Strict Pull-ups and 1 Bench Press. Add 1 Bench Press rep every minute until failure. 

-Finished 7 minutes, probably could have gotten 8 or 9, but my shoulder started hurting quite a bit on the sets of 6 and 7 bench press and I called it. Really frustrating. 

C.
4 Rounds
10 Single DB Double Head Curl (moderate weight)
10 Standing Alternating DB Hammer Curl (each side) (moderate weight)
10 Controlled Reverse Grip Barbell Curls (moderate weight)
-Rest 1-2 min b/t rounds-

-Complete, 35# for the DB movements and 45# bar for the reverse curls 

No comments:

Post a Comment