Monday, January 2, 2023

1/03/23

The workout at my CF gym was really bad today (they changed it from the typical Crossfit Mayhem programming they follow) and so I cut it out. I've been tired/stressed in the last few days as well, so I was fine with cutting out the high intensity stuff today ... kept the loading moderate to save my shoulder and got a big pump out of this. 

A.
Close Grip Bench Press
4 sets x 8 reps @ 70% of 90% (185#) 

-Complete at 165# (65%, not 70%) ... this was as heavy as I could go without shoulder pain, kept it here and focused on good reps/zero pain. 

B.
Close Grip Board Bench Press
1 set x 5 reps
Work up to a 5 rep max. 4" off of your chest. 

-165#, 185#, 205#, 225# ... this was fun, heaviest I've gone in a while on the bench, no pain given the large size of the board, not getting deep enough in the press to aggravate my shoulder. 

C.
Neutral Grip Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
5 sets x 10 reps
Aim to reach failure at the given rep range. 

-2x50# ... went every 2 for 10 minutes 

D.
Banded Tricep Extension
4 sets x 15 reps
Aim to reach failure at the given rep range.
Chin Ups (Supinated Strict Pull-ups)
4 sets x max reps

-Complete, 1 green band ... pull-ups went 15/11/10/10 ... very big pump from this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment