Thursday, March 16, 2023

03/16/23

Got in the first quarterfinals workout right after it was announced. It ended up being a really fun workout. I got time capped out, which I assumed was going to happen, but I am really proud of myself for getting through the 225 continuous feet of handstand walking. For most of my time doing crossfit, this would not have been a possibility for me. This workout was much more fun than the last two Open workouts... it was fun to go into a workout not really knowing what to expect and really push myself. This probably won't be a great score, but I am proud of my effort and how I performed overall. Excited to get in the rest of the workouts over the weekend. 

2023 Quarterfinals Test 1 

For time: 
9 front squats, weight 1 (heaviest)
9 handstand walks, 25 feet
15 front squats, weight 2
15 muscle-ups
21 front squats, weight 3 (lightest)
21 chest-to-wall handstand push-ups

♀ 155, 125, 95 lb
♂ 225, 185, 135 lb

Time cap: 15 minutes

-Result = 69 reps (21 Front Squats) ... 13:30 tie break ... in that remaining :90 I couldn't get any wall facing handstand push-ups... I failed my first rep ... took a break and finished a rep, BUT my legs came outside the width of my shoulders and it was a 'no-rep' ... I also missed one HSW ... I was about 20 feet through the 6th HSW and I lost my balance and had to re-do the rep... these were rough mistakes, but still happy with how things played out... I didn't expect much on the HSPU given that I don't train that movement... looking forward to developing those over the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment