Friday, March 17, 2023

03/17/23

AM Workout (0700)

Got in the second QF workout today. It was a fun/different workout... the DB snatch variation was an interesting change... typically these are programmed as alternating reps and the lunge step on the same arm right after the snatches was a challenge to keep moving through. Overall I am happy with my score, I wish I would have gotten 5+ rds, definitely could have had I pushed it slightly more, but overall still got some good intensity out of this, particularly for never having trained crossovers... thankfully I still remember how to do them from childhood and my gym had a heavier rope that allowed me to do most of the sets with few misses... I think overall I missed 5-6 reps on the crossovers... this workout was mostly snatching and lunging for me. 

2023 Quarterfinals Test 2 

12-minute AMRAP:

8 dumbbell snatches, arm 1
8 overhead walking-lunge steps, arm 1
8 dumbbell snatches, arm 2
8 overhead walking-lunge steps, arm 2
40 crossovers

♀ 50 lb
♂ 70 lb

-Result = 4 Rds + 4 cross-overs (324 reps) 

PM Workout (1730)

2023 Quarterfinals Test 3 

5 rounds for time:
5 burpee box jump-overs
1 clean and jerk

*Add 1 clean and jerk after each round.

♀ 185-lb clean and jerks, 24-in box
♂ 275-lb clean and jerks, 30-in box

Time cap: 10 minutes

-Result = 37 reps (4 Rds + 2 Clean and Jerks / tie break of 8:05) ... really tried to finish this out, a bit bummed I didn't.... although similar to yesterday for the vast majority of my time doing crossfit, I could not have done this workout at all... so I am happy with my effort here. I didn't miss any reps until the last minute, which tells me I paced this correctly. My last two clean and jerk attempts during the 9th minute resulted in missed jerks... I was really tying to push the pace and get those last 3 reps in 60 seconds and it just didn't happen. Overall a great workout and really just insane to think about how far Crossfit as a sport has come and how challenging of a test of strength and power this is. Really fun, glad to push myself here and go way outside my comfort zone. 

BBJO Splits went: 

Rd 1 - :27 
Rd 2 - 1:29 
Rd 3 - 3:05 
Rd 4 - 5:11
Rd 5 - 8:05 ... I was on a solid pace, but my jerk just fatigued out at the end and I those two reps I missed were rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment