Saturday, November 30, 2013

11/30/13

Had an awesome training session this morning. HSPU were feeling a little rough, but 60 in a WOD is a lot for me. The first two sets of 20 were not a problem, but that last set really smoked me. No singles, but some triples toward the end. I cut out the run or row at the end and did some meathead stuff instead! It was really fun. I'm excited to rest tomorrow and hit it hard come Monday.

A.
Take 15-20 minutes to build to a heavy Jerk or Behind the Neck Jerk
-Jerked off the blocks, great session, set a big PR.
-225#, 245#, 265#, 280# (PR), 285# (PR), 290# (failed - barely missed, got under it, but right elbow wasn't having it, probably could have gotten this if I went for it again - will PR this again soon!)

B.
Three rounds for time of:
275/185 lb Deadlift x 15 reps
Handstand Push-Ups x 20 reps
Pull-Ups x 25 reps
Double-Unders x 30 reps

~21.00 minutes. Didn't get the exact time. I was cruising through the first two rounds, failed hard on the last set of HSPU. That set probably took me about 5-6 minutes. Rough. Dead-lifts and pull-ups felt easy as hell though. After looking at the times posted this is an embarrassingly slow time, my high volume HSPU are just not there. I would have had a competitive time if this workout lasted two rounds, but that last set was just horrendous.

C.
Flat DB Bench Press (palms facing body)
20,15,15,10,5 - 2 x 60#, 2 x 70#, 2 x 70#, 2 x 80#, 2 x 90#(failed on the 5th rep).

3 Supersets with 2 x 30# DB:
Flat Bench DB Tricep Extension x 15
DB Strict Curl, exaggerated external rotation x 15
-Got a huge pump from this, really fun stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment