Monday, November 4, 2013

11/4/13

This morning when I woke up was the first time I didn't want to go in into the gym. I just felt off. But there was work to be done so I got to the gym. I have not felt this crappy in the gym in a long time. I've had better workouts while hungover. I don't know if it was the volume I added in this weekend, or that I didn't really eat much at all yesterday, or that this week I didn't do any active recovery, but I felt like complete crap. My posterior chain and shoulders are still store from last week and I just felt awful. I will consider this more of an active recovery session than anything. In my younger days a crappy workout like this would have really pissed me off, but tomorrow is another day and I will be back tomorrow.


A.
Back Squat
-Warmed up with 135 and 185 x 10 with band around knee. Really felt this in my glutes.
*Set 1 – 5 reps @ 70-75% (255#)
*Set 2 – 3 reps @ 80-85% (295#)
*Set 3,4,5,6 - 3 reps @ 75% (275#)
*Set 7, 8 - 10 reps @ 135# (black band around knees)
Rest 2 minutes between sets.
-Had to cut the %s and overall volume down, my lower back was too tight.

B.
Every 30 seconds, for 5 minutes (20 reps), complete: Snatch Grip Push-Press (135#) x 2
-This was supposed to be a hang-snatch, but had to modify.

C.
Three sets of:
Strict Handstand Push-Ups
Rest 45 seconds
8,7,5
-Felt awful.

D.
Three sets for max reps of:
30 seconds of Push-Ups
30 seconds of Rest
30 seconds of Burpees
30 seconds of Rest
-This didn't feel as terrible as everything else.
30,15,15
14,13,13

Worst workout ever? Possibly. Tomorrow is another day, I want my body to rest and recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment