Tuesday, November 5, 2013

11/5/13


I was a little nervous getting in the gym this morning considering yesterday was up there with one of the worst workouts of my life. But a lot of calories and rest yesterday helped and I felt a lot better this morning. Still not totally awesome, but I put some work in today. It's a little frustrating that my pressing ability is still not where it was pre-injury, but at least I'm making progress toward getting better. I want to PR my pressing abilities to know that I'm the strongest I've ever been. It's been a long road coming back from injury, but I'm optimistic about where my training is headed.

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Handstand Hold x 60 seconds
L-Sit x 20 seconds
15′ Rope Climb x 2 ascents

B.
Six sets of:
Hang Clean + Push Press + Jerk
(perform from high hang – keep chest vertical)
Rest 2 minutes
185#, 185#, 205#, 205#, 215#, 225# (failed the push-press, but got the jerk)

C.
Two sets for times of:
100 Double-Unders
75 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
50 Push Press (75/53 lbs)
Rest 5 minutes

7:05. 7:45. Rough on the grip, I had to break this up a lot more than I thought I would. I am excited to rest tomorrow and be fresh for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment