Sunday, April 24, 2016

4/25/16


AM Workout (0600) 

This morning was a really great workout. I haven't trained like this in a long time... this really reminded me of the training sessions I used to have pre-injury. Overall I got a ton of intensity out of this morning and it really taxed me. It was really fun to snatch and push myself like I haven't in a while. 

A.
Every 3 for 18 (6 sets): 
Build up to a Heavy 3 RM Touch-and-Go Power Snatch

-155#, 175#, 185#, 195#, 200# (failed second rep backwards), 205# (failed third rep) ... got a little sketchy toward the end of these reps. The weight didn't feel to heavy, I just need to get used to catching those loads again.

Every 2 for 6 (3 sets): 
Then 80% (165#) of that for 3 reps TnG 

straight into...

Every 2 for 8 (4 sets): 
Then 70% (145#) of that for 4 reps TnG 

-Complete, both 165# and 145# felt extremely easy.

B.
Strict Press – 4 sets of 5, building

-95#, 115#, 125#, 135# ... no missed reps, just wanted to get this movement in. Felt tough after all the snatching. 

C.
4 RFT:
330m Run
15 Hang Power Clean and Jerk (95#/65#)
9 Burpees-over-the-bar

-12:45 ... unbroken ... this smoked me, the HPCJ were much harder than I anticipated, getting each round after the first unbroken was a struggle. 

D.
3 Sets:
Single Arm DB Row (55#) x 10 reps each arm
Rest as needed
Reverse Flyes (2 x 5#) x 20 reps
Rest as needed
Plank x :70 seconds
Rest as needed

-Complete ... went really light on this stuff, I was extremely taxed from the above work, but I wanted to get these movements in. 

PM (1600) 

Starting my 12 week Crossfit Endurance program today. Going to be hitting the track 3 days a week... making a big commitment out of this. I love to run and want to get back to my roots and really give this track stuff a go. Felt pretty gassed during the second half of this. But hell, it was like 70 degrees in Chicago, couldn't not love being out there today.

A. 
8 x 200m Run
Rest 2 minutes

-Result:

1. 31
2. 31
3. 29
4. 33
5. 31
6. 33
7. 35
8. 34

-Felt okay here ... hamstrings are a little tight from Saturday / this morning... but overall felt solid. Was doing these on a kind of windy afternoon, but zero complaints from me, felt great to be out there doing this stuff again. Running can be brutal as hell... really tried to push it despite training alone.

B.
15 Minutes Cool-down/stretching

-Complete 

No comments:

Post a Comment