Tuesday, April 5, 2016

4/6/16

This morning was a decent training session. I didn't feel particularly great on anything, but overall got some good intensity out of this morning. Today was a test day for all the benching I've been doing... then made up the conditioning workout for myself.

A.
Bench Press
Work up to a Heavy Single / 1 RM

Singles: 205#, 225#, 245#, 255# (needed a small spot), 250# (needed a small spot) ... 245# went up easily, I got greedy and put on 255#, I should have gone to 250#... I went back down to 250# afterward in an attempt to get it without a spot, but had blown my energy on the single at 255#. This is the most I've benched in a while and I weigh less than I have in a very long time, so I should realistically be happy about these numbers. I did this last cycle off of a 240# bench where I needed a small spot. So again, realistically I should be happy about getting a 5# increase without a spot and 255# with a small spot through my sticking point in the middle. Overall, I still suck at benching....

B.
Strict 'JT'
For time:
21-15-9
Strict HSPU
Strict Ring Dips
Push-ups

Rest 10-15 minutes then...

C.
For time:
20 C2B Pull-ups
20 Box Jump Overs (24")
20 Toes-to-Bar
40 Burpees
20 Toes-to-Bar
20 Box Jump Overs (24")
20 C2B Pull-ups

-15:19
-8:33

-This was about a minute PR for Strict JT ... which was weird because I felt much slower and generally weaker than I remember feeling last time. HSPU were 7/7/4/2 ... 5 sets of 3 and 3/2/2/2/. The ring dips and push-ups went much quicker.
-This second workout was pretty brutal. I haven't been doing much T2B because they cause me pain sometimes, so I felt a little slow on those. Overall a solid effort though, I moved through this fairly consistently. It was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment