Wednesday, June 29, 2016

6/30/16

This morning was supposed to be a lot different ... was just going to get a little running in. Ended up doing a lot more, but it was really fun. My sister invited me to come to do a class workout at her gym with her and so I do that. Then I had breakfast and chilled down near her gym until I headed to the foothills and did one of my favorite runs in the world. It was a great way to spend my morning. I was a little sore from yesterday in my shoulders, but overall felt very fit on everything today.

Workout 1 (0630) 

'Barbara'
Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats
Rest 3:00 between rounds

(compared to 9/12 = 34:39 - 12:00 = 22:39)

-27:56 - 12:00 = 15:56 ... I've gotten much better at this workout over the last ~4 years. PR by almost 7 minutes. Haven't been doing squats/sit-ups at all lately, but they felt okay during this workout. Fun/different to go right into some bodyweight stuff without lifting first. Felt solid throughout the workout.

Workout 2 (0930) 

-Trail run (unknown distance) ... total running time of 47:50 ... about 31 minutes straight up (~700 feet elevation gain) and then 16 minutes straight down. This is the most fit running I've felt in a while. It is great to run in Boise again, really brings back a lot of good running memories. This crossfit endurance program I've been doing has really paid off. I feel much more fit running and lighter on my feet than I did 12 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment