Saturday, July 30, 2016

7/30/16

This morning was a super solid session. I was pretty beat up in my shoulders/chest from yesterday and today's workout was a whole lot of pressing. I was sore and tight, but still got all the work in. Really fun conditioning workout.

A. 
Hill Sprints 

-I think we did about 6-8 intervals of varying distances. Basically the coach of class called out random distances for us to do each time up this giant hill and we would walk back down. I went about 85-90% effort on these, was definitely a solid warm-up. 

B.
Speed Dead-lift 
5 x 5 
Rest as needed 

-Went 225# across the sets ... focused on position and speed on the lockout ... not too taxing. 

C.
Find a 1 RM Push-Press 

Singles  = 225#, 245#, 265# (f), 255# ... shoulders are super tight/sore from yesterday ... felt rough from the get-go. Not a PR. 

D. 
10 RFT:
3 Power Clean (205#/145#) 
3 Shoulder-to-Overhead (205/145#)
6 Strict HSPU 

-23:11 ... rough workout, was shooting for under 20, but HSPU really got me. I consistently did the power cleans as singles, all S2O unbroken. HSPU were all over the place ... first set unbroken, then everything else was 4s, 3s, 2s, 1s ... just did what I could. Really tough going right to the wall after those S2O. 

E.
3 Sets:
GHD Plank x :60 
Rest as needed
DB Lateral Raise x 10 reps (2 x 15# DB)
Rest as needed
Ring Rows x 8 
Rest as needed 

-Complete ... good cool-down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment