Monday, March 4, 2019

3/1/19

Today was a 19.2 test ... I was very excited to do this workout as I'd gotten into the round of 275# when I tested this workout in December 2017 ... I was unable to do this workout due to injury in 2016  during the Open that year. I'm much stronger and more fit this year than I was in December 2017 and I was amped to do 19.2. During the set of 185# cleans, I was at 6 reps around 4:30 in and I tweaked something in my back (around the T-Spine) on the catch of a clean. This was unlike any other injury I've ever had and I knew I had to immediately stop. I haven't had a traumatic pain like this from exercise since August of 2012. Injuries happen and I am thankful I was able to get immediately assessed ... X-ray/MRI of spine and apparently I don't have any spinal/disc damage/compression. The conclusion from that being that this is either ligament/musculature related... which is good. This really eased my mind after sitting in the hospital the entire day on Friday in severe pain.

Going forward, my 'season' for the 2019 Open is over. This is a huge bummer as its a really fun thing I get to do with my wife and I put in a lot of time/effort into being in shape/peaking for this Open. I feel quite fit and strong and I am proud of the shape I've gotten into, it really blows to be side-lined so hard, especially during an Open workout itself.

Having said all of the above, my goals have obviously changed, albeit involuntarily and now I have to move onto the next thing... or atleast the next thing my body can actually do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment