Friday, May 17, 2019

5/19/19

Today was a super lame day... I was very excited to get after this workout... probably too excited... first time cleaning in 12 weeks and I bit off more than I could chew. Got through all 10 sets of cleans without issue, but then began warming up for the squats and tweaked something with 135# on the bar... super frustrating and difficult to deal with mentally... had to modify the squatting and cut out the wall-balls from the conditioning. I'm going to take even further time off from crossfit. I was really hoping that I'd be recovered from this injury in time for a tough training cycle over the summer months... but will just have to continue modifying shit and let my back rest further. 

A. 
Every 2 for 20 (10 sets):
3 power cleans 
Build over the course of 10 sets to a heavy triple, not tng 

185# x 2 sets, 205# x 2 sets, 225# x 2 sets, 245# x 2 sets, 265# x 1 set, 275# x 1 set ... these were all within my comfort zone... last rep at 275# got a little difficult/ugly and was probably where I hurt myself again.

B.
Back Rack Lunge
4 sets of 10 reps (5 each leg)

-Across at 135# ... couldn't push this at all due to pain. This was supposed to be back squatting, but just couldn't do it.

C.
 For time:*
200/140 calorie assault bike 
200/140 calorie ski erg 

*every 5 minutes, including at 0:00 perform:
100 double-unders 

-39:08 ... this was some pretty insane cardio, really enjoyed it. DU and Ski erg hurt my back, but the intensity and difficulty of this workout took my mind off it.

D.
Romwod

-Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment