Saturday, December 24, 2022

12/26/22

AM Workout (0800)

Hit the class workout this morning... still a bit sore from Saturday, but overall I felt good once I was warmed up and moving. 

A.
15 Minutes to build to a heavy: 
1 Snatch Push-Press + 1 Overhead Squat 

-Did a pyramid rep scheme here given I didn't want to go to a true heavy/1 RM ... this was mostly an exercise in mobility... tough on my lats/shoulders/upper body to overhead squat with confidence given I took a few years off from this movement.... anyway, reps went: 

Warm-up, the 145# x 3, 195# x1, 215# x 1, 195# x 1, 145# x 3 

B. 
For time:
5-10-15-20-15-10-5*
C2B Pull-ups
GHD Sit-ups
*3 Wall-Walks after each set 

-14:00 ... unbroken C2B except the second set of 15 went 10/5 and the second set of 10 went 7/3 ... GHDs at a consistent (slow) pace and the wall-walks were surprisingly the easiest part ... this was a lot of bodyweight/gymnastics movements for me... tough workout that did not play to my strengths, but overall it was a great workout. 

PM Workout (1700)

Got in a quick lower body lifting session... not too taxing, but it was nice to squat. 

A.
Back Squat
4 sets x 8 reps @ 68% of your 90% (290#) 
Rest 90 seconds between each set.

-Complete

B.
Stiff Leg Deadlift
1 set x 5 reps
Work up to a 5 rep max. Each rep from the floor.

-135#, 225#, 275# ... shut it down there, it was really difficult to actually maintain a stiff leg on these, different/tough hamstring training. 

C.
Front Rack Lunges
3 sets x 8 reps

-Complete, across at 135# ... did lunges on Friday and Saturday and I am still sore in my glutes... kept these light and focused on good movement. 

D.
Banded Good Mornings
3 sets x 25 reps
'Durante Core' x 3 sets 

-Complete, 1 green band 

No comments:

Post a Comment