Wednesday, December 27, 2023

12/28/23

Today was okay... a little disappointing with the numbers overall, but I have to be realistic that I am coming off a marathon in October and my overall strength/size went down. Despite that, I am happy about these numbers, as the goal of the cycle was to 90%+ of all of my true 1 RMs, which I did achieve... but I felt good and got a little greedy trying to hit bigger numbers. Overall happy with where I'm at and I'm looking forward to a new training schedule during the next few months. 

A.
Powerlifting Total
1 RM Squat
1 RM Bench
1 RM Deadlift

-Squat = 395#, 420#, 430# ... all of these felt solid ... definitely more there, but I really don't like going for a "true 1RM" in my basement ... really don't want to ditch a missed lift in my house.
-Bench = 260#, 275#, 285# (f) ... needed a small spot on the 285#, but everything felt decent here ... previous PR is 285#
-Deadlift = 455#, 505#, 520# (f) ... 505# for the day is decent, but overall disappointing given that I have hit both 495# and 500# easily in training, but I guess the squat and bench took a bit out of me prior to today's deadlift. 505# is still solid for the day. 

B.
Max Strict Pull-ups

-Result = 22 reps ... didn't really plan on doing this, but wanted to see where I am at for the upcoming USMC PFT that I will have to do this Spring. 22 with no coherent pull-up training is also solid for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment