Thursday, April 14, 2011

4/14/2011

AM Workout

I'm a little sore from the dead lifts and extremely sore in my shoulders from yesterday's overhead squats. Once I warmed up I actually felt really good. The workout today was something I came up with on my own. I really like writing my own workouts every once in a while. It ended up looking like this:

5 Rounds, not for time, 2 minutes rest between rounds:

175 lb Bench Press x 3
175 lb Power Clean x 3
5 Hand-stand Push-ups

Rest 10 minutes then:

5 Rounds For time:
7 Curtis P @ 95 lb (1 squat clean, 2 front racked lunges 1/R 1/L, 1 push-press)
7 Ring Push-ups

My time was a little over 13 minutes. The Curtis Ps were really rough after the 3rd round. The push-ups were easier than I thought they would be. I was going to throw in some double-unders into the metcon, but ended up getting rid of them after the first round because my ankles were tight from the 200 DUs I did yesterday. Anyway, today was not too taxing. I got a nice pump and got my heartrate up a lot on the metcon. I'm excited for Saturday! Robie Creek!

PM Workout (4+ hours after AM)

45 minute easy run in the foothills. Lots of hills. Legs a little sore; probably from this morning, but I felt great.

-High carb day.

No comments:

Post a Comment